Software Development Manager - Baltimore
Brave New Markets (BNM) is looking for the next rock star to join our team. This person will be a Software Development Manager (SDM) in the Baltimore, Maryland area. This person will be self-directed, can think on his/her feet, play well with others, and do great work in a fast-paced environment serving growth-oriented business clients. We are looking for an innovative and thoughtful leader with an established background in delivering scalable solutions. Day-to-day, the Software Development Manager is focused on managing and participating in agile development of medium to large digital experience platforms.
Type: Full-time (Office/hybrid)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience developing, maintaining, and scaling production software
- Minimum of five (3) years of experience in managing and building teams (including coaching and mentoring) in a for-profit, business environment
- Experience with digital transactions (ecommerce) and required security, content management systems (CMS), data analytics, or Azure and Microsoft technology stack are pluses.
Software Development Manager Responsibilities
Our entire organization is fanatically focused on results. Other major responsibilities include:
The primary responsibility is to ensure we deploy digital experience platforms to achieve our clients’ business goals. That responsibility is taken seriously. Our entire organization is fanatically focused on results. Other major responsibilities include:
- The software development manager will build, lead and participate in a software development team that may be comprised of both internal and external resources.
- Recruit, retain and foster development of a diverse team with an appropriate mix of technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Manage the design, development, enhancement, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of clients’ applications, utilities and information systems using current software languages, technologies and third-party components – with a focus on Microsoft Azure and related technology stack (ASP.NET, Core MVC, Web Forms, SQL Server, C#)
- Apply analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Manage and coordinate all phases of application development projects to include planning, systems analysis, systems design, implementation, integration and testing, deployment, and maintenance through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Establish best practice application support methodology and processes, including roadmaps, maintenance, processes and technical documentation
Brave New Markets (BNM) is the Digital Growth Company – and we are growing quickly. Over our 20+ years, we’ve built a reputation for being fundamental to our clients’ success. If you think you can keep up, we’d love to hear from you.
- Health care reimbursement plan
- Competitive salary
- Recharge your batteries with flexible paid time off and holidays
- Education assistance
- Plan for your future with our investment plan and employer match
- Awesome team members
- Work hybrid (just be available at our office or clients when required)
Requirements: Must have legal right to work in the US
Qualified candidates should send resume with salary history to email address in this posting (below). No relocation expenses are covered. No phone calls please. EOE
Job Type: Full-time (Office/Hybrid)
Owings Mills (Baltimore, Maryland) Office, or Hybrid
Based on qualifications and proven experience.
To apply for Software Engineer Baltimore, use link below. Principals Only. No phone calls please.